This watermelon and mint slushie is definitely the most refreshing smoothie you could ask for in the heat of the summer. Apart from the fact that it tastes sublime it hydrates you in no time. Everything about it is refreshing from the watermelon itself, to the mint and crushed ice cubes. I make mine with strawberries to sweeten it and add a sprig of fresh mint leaves before blitzing. The mint leaves a refreshing aftertaste in your mouth to give you that extra zing!
My earliest memories of eating watermelon was my mum handing me a wedge of watermelon, taking a refreshing bite then and spitting out the black seeds onto the grass when she wasn’t looking! In those days we wouldn’t dream of having it as a slushie or in a smoothie. But I love it in a drink and can’t believe I didn’t make one sooner. High in water, antioxidants and electrolytes no wonder it is so hydrating. So simple to make in the thermomix, what are you waiting for!
This recipe for watermelon and mint slushie is perfect for any garden party. You can serve it in a large jug with sprigs of mint and slices of watermelon. Or you can just serve them in individual glasses like I did. I bought the glasses I served them in at Casa. Love that shop! They came in a wooden box marked summer party, perfect for this recipe don’t you think?
If you like this then you will love my recipe for Elderflower and Lime Cordial, another refreshing drink for long summer days!Print
A refreshing watermelon and mint slushie made with fresh watermelon and strawberries with plenty of ice cubes and fresh mint for extra zing. Made in seconds in your thermomix
- 800g watermelon, diced and frozen
- 1 large handful fresh mint, leaves only
- 400g strawberries, hulled
- 200g ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, optional
- Leave the watermelon to thaw slightly at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Add the watermelon and strawberries to the TM bowl and blitz 10 Sec./Speed 10.
- Add the mint and ice cubes and blitz again 10 Sec./Speed 10,making sure the ice is crushed.
- If using honey, add one tablespoon at a time to taste . Serve in a large jug or individual glasses with a slice of watermelon and a mint sprig.
For a thinner slushie add natural or sparkling water.
Keywords: watermelon mint slushie