Vegetarian Chilli made with a rich sauce with added dark chocolate to enhance the chilli flavour. Made in minutes in the Thermomix
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, leaves only
- 40g bitter chocolate, 90 to 100% cocoa
- 200g cheddar cheese
- 200g carrots, peeled and quartered
- 100g sweet red peppers
- 400g fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded & quartered
- 20g olive oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 300g vegetable stock
- 100g corn
- 200g black beans, cooked
- 200g red kidney beans, cooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime juice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh coriander
- Red chilli or jalapeños, sliced
- Add the coriander (keeping some whole leaves for garnish) to the TM bowl and chop 5 seconds, speed 6. Reserve in a separate bowl.
- Chop the chocolate in the TM bowl 5 seconds, speed 5. Reserve until needed.
- Add cheese in large chunks to the TM bowl. Grate 5 seconds, speed 7. Reserve until serving time.
- Next prepare all the vegetables. Chop the carrots 5 seconds, speed 5. Reserve in a bowl until required.
- Chop the red peppers 5 seconds, speed 4 and reserve.
- Add the tomatoes and chop 5 seconds, speed 5. Reserve and clean the TM bowl.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli to the TM bowl and chop 4 seconds, speed 6.
- Add the olive oil and sauté 3 minutes, 100˚C, speed 1. Add the prepared red peppers and sauté for a further 2 minutes, 100˚C, speed 2.
- Next add the spices: hot paprika, cumin and cinnamon. Sauté until aromatic 2 minutes, 80˚C, speed 2.
- Add the tomato puree and mix until combined 3 seconds, speed 3.
- Add the prepared carrots and tomatoes and mix to coat in the spices 10 seconds, speed 2.
- Next add the vegetable stock and cook 10 minutes, 100˚C, speed 1.
- Add the corn and beans and cook 15 minutes, 80˚C, speed spoon.
- Add the chocolate and cook 2 minutes, 90˚C, reverse speed 1 until chocolate is melted. Add the chopped coriander and mix 2 seconds, speed 1.
- Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.. Serve with brown rice or pitta and top with slices of avocado, grated cheese, sour cream, fresh coriander leaves and extra chilli slices. Enjoy!
Add an extra red chilli if you like it extra hot!
For a dairy free or vegan version add coconut yogurt instead of sour cream and omit the cheese or use vegan cheese and vegan chocolate.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Thermomix
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegetarian chilli with chocolate