Lemon and Ginger Posset with Ginger Shortbread made with fresh ginger, lemons and honey. Light and refreshing and quick to make it is a perfect dessert for any occasion.
- 3 lemons
- 160g honey
- 500g cream
- 5g fresh ginger, peeled
For the shortbread
- 10–20g crystallised stem ginger (depending on how ginger you like it)
- 300g flour
- 110g caster sugar
- 200g butter
- Thinly peel lemons and place the rind in the TM bowl. Grind 5 seconds, speed 10. Scrape down with the spatula and grind 5 seconds, speed 10. Place in a bowl until required.
- Squeeze the lemons and make sure you have 100ml of juice. Place the honey, ginger and lemon juice in the TM bowl and heat to make a syrup 5 minutes, 90˚C, speed 4. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cream in the TM bowl and heat 3 minutes, 70˚C, speed 2.
- Add the syrup and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest to the cream and mix 8 seconds, speed 3.
- Pour into glasses using a sieve. Cool and place in the fridge until set. Top with whipped cream, lemon zest and a ginger shortbread on the side.
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- To make the ginger shortbread, chop the ginger 5 seconds, speed 4. Reserve in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the TM bowl 10 seconds, speed 4. Scrape down with a spatula and repeat.
- Add the flour with the crystallised stem ginger and mix 10 seconds, speed 3 until it comes together. It will have a crumbly appearance. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll out into desired shapes and bake for 15 minutes. Cool and serve with the lemon posset.
Make sure not to use too much white pith from the lemon rind as this can make it slightly bitter.
You can substitute half the lemons with limes or oranges.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Thermomix
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Lemon and Ginger Posset With Ginger Shortbread