I love pistachios. I love coconut. And I LOVE ice cream. So if you love all of these things why not make them into a pistachio and coconut ice cream. Except I don’t have all day waiting to churn it into an ice cream, I want it today! Luckily you can in your thermomix.
This is a really easy way to make pistachio ice cream. And it is super healthy with no refined sugars and just a handful of ingredients. Once frozen they can be dipped in dark chocolate and chopped pistachios to make you feel like you are biting into a magnum!
With the thermomix it is a simple way to make pistachio and coconut ice cream. Not only that, it is a healthy version of ice cream as it is sweetened with honey. The health benefits of coconut and pistachio outweighs any guilt. So go ahead and make this top of your dessert list today.
If you like this then you will love my recipe for Elderflower and Lime Cordial, perfect for a summer’s evening.Print
180ml coconut cream or fresh whipping cream
120ml creamy coconout milk
For the topping:
200g dark chocolate chips
- If using coconut cream leave in the fridge overnight as this will thicken the cream.
- Place the coconut cream or fresh cream in the bowl with the whisk attachment fitted. Whisk 1 Min/Speed 3. Check the stiffness of the cream and continuing whisking in intervals of 30 Sec/Speed 3until very stiff. Reserve in a bowl and clean the bowl and wipe dry.
- Place the pistachios into the bowl and blitz 10 Sec/Speed 9. Scrape with a spatula then blitz again 20 Sec/Speed 10or until it resembles a nut paste.
- Add coconut milk and honey to the bowl. Beat 15 Sec/Speed 5and scrape the sides with a spatula. Beat again 10 Sec/Speed 5until well mixed.
- At this stage you may pour the mixture directly into the ice lolly moulds and freeze. However, for a more creamy and smooth texture pour into large and wide freezable container or into silicone ice cube moulds. Freezer for 1 ½ hours and remove from the freezer and the mould. Place into the TC bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 5 until combined.
- Place into ice lolly moulds and freeze for approximatley 5 hours.
- To prepare the topping, place the pistachios in the bowl. Chop 4 Sec/Speed 5or until they resemble chunky chopped nuts. Remove from the bowl.
- Place the chocolate chips in the bowl. Melt 1 Min/35˚C/Speed 2. Scrape down the sides with a spatula and continue to melt 2 Min/35°C/Speed 2.
- Release the the ice cream from the moulds and dip in the melted chocolate and then sprinkle with pistachios. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the freezer until the chocolate sets.
- Place in an airtight container in the freezer until required.
When freezing in an airtight container line the container with baking paper and separate each row with paper to avoid the ice lollies sticking.
These can be frozen in an ice cream container and drizzled with melted chocolate and chunks of pistachio.
Keywords: Pistachio and coconut ice cream