Easy homemade spinach pasta made in minutes in the thermomix. Made with fresh spinach, herbs and pasta flour it is melt in the mouth!
- 100g fresh spinach
- Handful of preferred herbs (basil or parsley works well)
- 100ml water
- 300g pasta or plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- Place the spinach, herbs and water in the TM bowl. Cook 5 minutes, 100˚C, speed spoon.
- Drain the spinach, leave to cool then squeeze out excess water.
- Dry the TM bowl and add the flour, eggs, egg yolk, olive oil, salt and spinach. Mix on speed 3 for 5 seconds, speed 3 until just combined. Knead for 2 minutes.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead into a ball. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out as thinly as you can and cut into strips using a pizza roller. If you prefer you can use a pasta machine for an extra thin pasta.
- Hang up on a rack to dry out for at least 2 hours. Cook in boiling water for 4-5 minutes and serve with your favourite pasta sauce. To cook in the thermomix bring the water to the boil, approximately 2 minutes, Varoma, speed 1 then add the pasta and cook 5 minutes, 100˚C, reverse speed spoon.
You can use this recipe for any pasta shape. It also works really well for lasagne. If making lasagne cook for 3 minutes before adding to the pasta dish.
If the pasta feels too wet when kneading this can be due to the size of the eggs. Simply add extra flour. Likewise if it is too dry then add more water.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: homemade spinach pasta