- 250g Guinness
- 250g heavy cream
- 120g brown sugar
- 180g dark chocolate
- 5 egg yolks
For the topping
- 200g double cream
- 15g Baileys Irish Cream
- Add the chocolate to the TM bowl and chop 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Add the Guinness, cream and sugar and heat for 2 minutes, 80˚C, speed 2 until sugar is dissolved and the chocolate melted. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl then slowly add them with the motor running for 30 seconds, speed 3.
- Heat for 4 minutes, 35˚C, speed 3 until mixture has thickened. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Divide into 6 glasses and leave to set in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- To make the topping add the butterfly whisk to the TM bowl. Add the double cream and whisk 20 seconds, speed 3 or until it forms light peaks. Add the Baileys and whisk for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Top the Guinness mousse with the baileys cream and leave in the fridge for 1 hour. Top with grated dark chocolate just before serving. Slainte!
You can make the topping with or without Baileys for a lighter dessert.
For a sweeter topping add 1 tablespoon of icing sugar to the cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Thrmomix
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: Guinness Chocolate Mousse