These frozen yogurt and strawberry ice lollies are a firm favourite in our household. Made from yogurt, whipped cream and honey they are a much healthier alternative to bought ice cream. You get a lovely surprise when you taste the fresh strawberry pieces and the combination reminds you of strawberries and cream but so much more refreshing!
These are a great choice if you are looking for something sweet after dinner. With no refined sugar you know what your are eating is healthy.
For years we could only buy strawberries in strawberry season. We used to go to a strawberry farm in West Cork and bring back our punnets of strawberries ready to make a buck et load of strawberry jam to last all winter. Nowadays strawberries are available throughout the year so you can make this recipe all year round. Ice cream isn’t just for summer !(although the best tasting strawberries are the Irish ones 😉 )
My favourite ice lolly moulds are these ice pop moulds from amazon. You can use disposable wooden sticks and there is a cover to stop freezer burn. It also keeps the sticks in place while the ice cream is freezing.
Why you will love these frozen yogurt and strawberry ice lollies
- Easy to make in the thermomix. You will be amazed at how fast these are to make. In minutes you will popping them into your freezer
- Low in calories. By using honey to sweeten them these are a great dessert for the waistline
- Healthy. Made with real strawberries these are a healthier than supermarket ice cream. Strawberries are a great source of vitamin C and packed with antioxidants
- The kids will love them and a perfect way to get fruit into them. What kid doesn’t like ice cream?
- You can make it all year round. Break that myth that ice cream is only for hot weather!
If you like these then you will love my recipe for Pistachio and Coconut Ice CreamPrint
Simple yet delicious frozen yogurt and strawberry ice lollies made in minutes in the Thermomix. A healthy alternative to supermarket ice cream.
- 200g strawberries, hulled
- 250g natural greek yogurt unsweetened
- 100g fresh whipping cream
- 60g honey
1 set of ice lolly moulds
- Place the strawberries into the TM bowl and chop 3 Sec. / Speed 3. Remove to a separate bowl
- Place the butterfly whisk in the bowl and whip the fresh cream until stiff 30 Sec. / Speed 4. Scrape down the sides, add the honey and yogurt and beat 20 Sec. / Speed 3.
- Fold in the strawberries until well combined.
- Freeze in ice lolly moulds until completely frozen
If you want a more intense strawberry flavour or no lumps then blitz the strawberries for 20 Sec. / Speed 6.
Keywords: frozen yogurt strawberry ice lollies