- 350g fresh salmon
- 500ml water
- 300g sweet potato
- 125g natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large handfuls fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 spring onions
- Juice of 1 lime
- Thinly peeled zest of 1 lime
- 50g gluten free flour for coating
- Rapeseed or coconut oil for frying
- 1 lime
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Remove the bones from the salmon with tweezers before cooking.
- Grease the Varoma tray and add the salmon. Add water to the TM bowl.
- Cook 30 Min. / Varoma / Speed 1 until light pink and cooked through. Leave to cool. Flake with a fork onto a plate, discarding the skin.
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into chunks and place in the Varoma tray. Make sure to top up the water to 500ml. Steam 20 Mins. / Varoma / speed 1 or until tender.
- Dry the TM bowl. Add the lime rind and chop 10 Sec. / Speed 7. Scrape down with the spatula.
- Add the coriander and spring onion. Chop 5 Sec. / Speed 6. Scrape down with the spatula.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, lime juice and seasoning. Blend 8 Sec. / Speed 3.
- Place the salmon and sweet potato in the TM bowl and add the yogurt. Mix well with the spatula until it all comes together.
- Shape into round cakes and dip in the flour. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Pan fry in oil until golden brown. Keep warm in a low oven until serving time.
- Serve with a green salad, a wedge of lime and some sweet chilli sauce.
Spice it up with some extra chilli for extra spice!
If the mixture feels too soft before shaping, place the TM bowl in the fridge for an hour before shaping into rounds.