I call these easy healthy fish tacos my skinny fish tacos as they are my comfort skinny food when craving something other than a salad! The saltiness of the fish, combined with the sweetness of the mango, the spicy kick in the tomato salsa, seriously hot jalapeño peppers, the coolness of the mint salsa and finally the crunchy bite of the taco shell will give you every flavour, aroma and texture you will ever crave.
I make the spice rub in the thermomix then rub it over the fish to marinate. The fish can be steamed in the varoma but I prefer to cook it in the oven until it is slightly blackened. This adds a nice texture to the outside of the fish.
While the fish is cooking you can prepare the salsas which literally take minutes in the thermomix. I can’t decide which one I prefer! The tomatoes are refreshing and spicy at the same time. Then the cooling mint salsa gives some relief to those seriously hot jalapeños. The mango is sweet with a slight kick from the chillies and has all the flavours of the Caribbean.
Filled with crunchy vegetables and avocados this is a taco lover’s dream!
If you like this then try my recipe for pistachio and coconut ice cream, a prefect ending to a perfect meal.
Easy Healthy Fish Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Easy healthy fish tacos filled with crunchy salad and spicy jalapeño peppers. Topped with 3 delicious salsas made in your thermomix in minutes.
- 4 large fillets fresh hake or meaty white fish
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime
- Taco shells or tortilla wraps
For the mango salsa
- 1 fresh mango
- zest and juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander1 red chilli, minced1 small onion, chopped1 teaspoon paprika
For the tomato salsa
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
- 1 red chilli, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
For the mint yogurt salsa
- 250ml/1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large handful fresh mint, chopped
- sprinkle of salt
- 2 carrots, grated
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 avocados
green jalapeño peppers, optional
- Add the garlic clove, corainder, olive oil, paprika, chilli powder and seasoning into the TM bowl. Mix 5 Sec. / Speed 5.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks. Rub the spice mix over the fish and place in the varoma lined with greasproof paper. In the meantime prepare the salsas and toppings.
- Prepare the salsas. For the mango salsa place the mango into the TM bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix 5 Sec. / Reverse Speed 1.
- For the tomato salsa, add all the ingredients except for the tomatoes. Blend 5 Sec. / Speed 8. Scrape down with a spatula and blend again 5 Sec./ Speed 8. Add the tomatoes and chop 2 Sec./ Speed 7.
- For the mint yogurt salsa, chop the mint 4 Sec. / Speed 8. Add the yogurt and salt and mix 5 Sec. / Speed 3.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Now cook the fish. Steam 20 Mins. / Varoma / Speed 2 until cooked through. Reserve until 5 minutes before serving. Heat the tacos in a hot oven for 5 minutes then turn to the grill setting, keeping the fish warm on the lowest rack . Preheat the grill and blacken the fish for 2 minutes watching carefully. Heat the tacos in the oven to crisp up.
- To assemble the tacos, place the lettuce first, then the cabbage and grated carrots in the taco shells. Add the baked hake and top with avocado. Then spoon over the salsas and top with jalapeño peppers and chopped coriander.
- For cheesy tacos, top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Delicious served with Mexican rice and a side salad.
For extra spice add some extra chopped red chilli and extra spicy sweet chilli sauce.
- Category: Fish and Seafood
- Method: Thermomix
Keywords: Easy healthy fish tacos
Leave a Reply