A warm, comforting bowl of plum breakfast cobbler prepared in your thermomix and baked to perfection
- Preheat the oven to 170℃/340℉.
- Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Prepare the fruit: peel, core and quarter the apples. Halve and stone the plums.
- Thinly peel the orange and place in the TM bowl. Zest 3 Sec. / Speed 8.
- Add the apples and chop 3 Sec. / Speed 4.
- Add the orange juice, water, honey and spices. Heat 3 Min. / 100 ˚C / Speed 2 then turn down the heat to simmer 5 Min. / 50˚C / Speed 2 replacing the cup with the simmering basket.
- Place the halved plums and cooked apples at the bottom of the baking dish while you prepare the topping. Wash and dry the TM bowl.
- Prepare the topping by adding the flour, baking powder and baking soda into the bowl. Pulse to mix 5 Sec. / Speed 4. Add coconut sugar and lemon zest and pulse again 5 Sec. / Speed 4.
- Add the cold butter and process 7 Sec. / Speed 3 until crumbly. Add the oats and combine 3 Sec. / Speed 1.
- With the motor still running 10 Sec. / Speed 2, drizzle the buttermilk slowly into the processor and mix until well combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured silicone mat. It will seem more crumbly than regular pastry.
- Roll out and using a cookie cutter cut into shapes. Places the shapes on top of the fruit showing parts of the fruit.
- Combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon in the TM bowl 3 Sec. / Speed 2. Sprinkle on top of the pastry and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with greek yogurt or creme fraiche.
Don’t worry if you feel the mixture is too crumbly. You can press it together on your silicone mat before cutting into shapes.
Don’t over mix the topping as it will lose it’s crumbly melt-in-the-mouth texture
Keywords: breakfast cobbler