I am soooo excited to share a heart warming breakfast cobbler recipe for breakfast! It’s my favourite part of the day as I know I can spend my the whole day in the kitchen, if I choose. This is one of my favourite comfort breakfasts of all time. It is warm, luxurious and a little piece of heaven on your breakfast table. The rich, sweet and spicy flavour of the plums goes well with the tartness of the apples and produces a delicious fruit compote. Topped with a crumbly oat cookie-like pastry what more could you ask for to start your day!
By using honey and coconut sugar to sweeten the dish instead of sugar and using oats to make the topping you know you are getting all the goodness in your first meal of the day. This, combined with antioxidants and vitamins from the fruit you know you are off to a good start to your busy day.
This couldn’t be simpler to make than in the thermomix. The apples are half cooked with spices in the thermomix before being placed at the bottom of the baking dish with the plums. Then the flaky crumble is made in a few simple steps. Try not to over mix it or you will lose the lovely crumbly texture of the topping. If you feel it is too crumbly don’t worry as you press it firmly on your silicone mat and it will come together before you cut into shapes with your favourite cutter.
This can be made the day before and just popped in the oven last minute before breakfast . Your family will love for it 🖤
If you love breakfasts like this then you will love my recipe for Blueberry Hazelnut Tart which can even be eaten for breakfast!Print
A warm, comforting bowl of plum breakfast cobbler prepared in your thermomix and baked to perfection
- Preheat the oven to 170℃/340℉.
- Grease the baking dish with butter.
- Prepare the fruit: peel, core and quarter the apples. Halve and stone the plums.
- Thinly peel the orange and place in the TM bowl. Zest 3 Sec. / Speed 8.
- Add the apples and chop 3 Sec. / Speed 4.
- Add the orange juice, water, honey and spices. Heat 3 Min. / 100 ˚C / Speed 2 then turn down the heat to simmer 5 Min. / 50˚C / Speed 2 replacing the cup with the simmering basket.
- Place the halved plums and cooked apples at the bottom of the baking dish while you prepare the topping. Wash and dry the TM bowl.
- Prepare the topping by adding the flour, baking powder and baking soda into the bowl. Pulse to mix 5 Sec. / Speed 4. Add coconut sugar and lemon zest and pulse again 5 Sec. / Speed 4.
- Add the cold butter and process 7 Sec. / Speed 3 until crumbly. Add the oats and combine 3 Sec. / Speed 1.
- With the motor still running 10 Sec. / Speed 2, drizzle the buttermilk slowly into the processor and mix until well combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured silicone mat. It will seem more crumbly than regular pastry.
- Roll out and using a cookie cutter cut into shapes. Places the shapes on top of the fruit showing parts of the fruit.
- Combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon in the TM bowl 3 Sec. / Speed 2. Sprinkle on top of the pastry and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with greek yogurt or creme fraiche.
Don’t worry if you feel the mixture is too crumbly. You can press it together on your silicone mat before cutting into shapes.
Don’t over mix the topping as it will lose it’s crumbly melt-in-the-mouth texture
Keywords: breakfast cobbler